Sunday 12 April 2015

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

I used many different technologies to produce my magazine which all benefitted me. For my magazines I used a canon 550D to take my pictures. I took 216 photos in my first photo-shoot. This was a very successful photo-shoot for me as I had lots of photos to choose from, however I found a lot of them were either unusable or I did not like them as sometimes the lighting was difficult to work with. I used Interfit Stellar X Lights in the studio with a big white and black background with a Neewer RT16 wireless flash trigger which helped me a lot as I did not have to worry about the flash that I used as it was automatic. It was also a huge advantage to have artificial lighting in the studio as I would find it very difficult to find the time to take photos with natural light. Also, natural light is harder to edit with on photo shop as the light can be uneven. I did a photo-shoot up in London as well with my models. I took 155 photos. These were
Using a digital camera rather than a film one made my magazine a lot easier to produce. This is because the photos were instantly available to me using a flash disk to transfer them from the SD card across to the computer. The only disadvantage of using a digital camera meant the photos were not a high quality as a film camera, but this did not matter to me as I was not blowing my pictures up on a massive scale. Another advantage of using a digital camera was my photos were easier to manipulate. I could take them straight from my computer on to Photoshop and change the colours and cut out the backgrounds to make the pictures look nicer for my magazine. Also, I could manipulate the pictures to make my models look better, if I had a film camera I would not be able to do this as easily. Also, I was able to take so many more pictures as the photos were all stored on a memory card, and I didn’t have to change the film every 36 pictures. This also made it cheaper as I didn’t have to develop any photos and wait to see what pictures I had taken, they were available for me to look at straight after I took the picture. I also used a  50mm f1.8 aperture lens while up in London so I could blur the back ground of my pictures and just focus on the models. This added a great effect and made the model the attraction of the photo. The other lens I used was an 18-55 f3.5-5.6 zoom lens. This was great for when I wanted close ups and full body shots. It kept the quality of the photo high while being able to shoot ad different zooms. This made my photos high quality for my magazine. I was also able to use another camera for my time lapse in the studio. This took a photo every 10 seconds so I could then use adobe premiere to stitch all the photos together and made a video which showed behind the scenes at my photo-shoot. During this video it showed me adjusting the lights for the different backgrounds and
My skills of using InDesign have greatly improved as you can tell from my preliminary task. I now know how to use it to structure a magazine following the codes and conventions of a music magazine. Also, my photo shop skills have improved as I can now take out the back ground of pictures of my models and put them with other pictures to make them look closer together, this helps my magazine look better as I can zoom in my pictures and make it look more intense. I can also edit my photos so I airbrushed my models. This greatly improved the image of my magazine as it made the overall quality better.

No comments:

Post a Comment