Monday 22 September 2014

Evaluation of preliminary task


Evaluation of my preliminary task.

Front page evaluation:

Firstly, my title is HAYDON WEEKLEY. I chose this as a name because it represents the school that the magazine is about and tells us how often the magazine would be coming out. I made the font dark blue with a yellow outline as the girl I have photographed on my cover had her Haydon tie on which is navy and yellow stripes. I put the school badge on the top right side of the page. I got this offline and to improve it I would need to get rid of the white box around the edge making it transparent. This would leave just the emblem not a box around the edge which doesn’t fit in with the magazine. This photo I have as my background is a mid-shot of a student from Haydon. I need to make the resolution clearer for it to look better. This will also make the magazine look more professional. I also need the photo more centred so the text around the edges doesn’t overlap more on one side.

I put the price of the magazine in bold text and made it yellow with as red outline. But to make this stand out further I should make the price bigger so people can see clearly how much it is. Some of the text I put on the front cover is also in yellow to make it tie in with the title and make it a collective theme. This also makes the magazine look more professional. However I should make some other titles stand out like the Haydon links because these won’t be inside the magazine.

Contents page evaluation:

I made the title contents page again navy with a yellow outline to go with the school theme. I also made the numbers for the pages navy as well so it matches. However I would like to make it stand out a bit more. I also would like to add a background next time because it looks too plain. I would also make the Haydon values a clearer picture to make the overall appearance better. And next time I would also make the text under each page title a bit bigger so its clearer to read, also making it just clear black text not a black out line so it looks more professional and less childish. The badge with the white outline looks alight on this page but only because I don’t have a background so next time if I do a background then I would need to get rid of the boarder and make it transparent so it doesn’t show.

Using the programme was quite simple. However I found moving and re sizing the images hard, I did get used to it in the end but I always ended up cropping the picture and not actually making it bigger or smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment